How to install skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
brandon_D
Phone: WX445 2.1

Re: How to install skins

Post by brandon_D »

ok, few questions im new to smart phone and root usage so bear with me:
1) do i have to make the zip file for skins form astro or can i do it from my computer by romovable disk-->sd card-->file--> new-->compressed folder (aka zip)?
2)when i use astro how do i make a zip folder under sd card?
Kirara Young
Phone: Samsung Behold 2--> SGH-T939

Post by Kirara Young »

Thank you it worked. I used the "Dolphin Browser". It helped a lot.
c00ller
Phone: HTC Hero CDMA

Post by c00ller »

brandon_D wrote:ok, few questions im new to smart phone and root usage so bear with me:
1) do i have to make the zip file for skins form astro or can i do it from my computer by romovable disk-->sd card-->file--> new-->compressed folder (aka zip)?
2)when i use astro how do i make a zip folder under sd card?
1) you can make it by computer and it will work just fine. 7zip is nice free windows app
BlackRose
Phone: LG-P509 Version 2.2 froyo

Post by BlackRose »

Yea I downloaded the zip file ..inside side of it .. its the drawables and what not and a skins write file .. so exact . The zip into the skin D.. and it still didn't show up .. I'm using my phone .. astro fill M
gogo78956
Phone: xperia x8

Post by gogo78956 »

please make a video and when you do post a link here i am having trouble with installing it
pls pls pls
jojo
Phone: droid incredible 2

Post by jojo »

I can do this without a pc just my Droid and astro cuz if so I have problems they are not on list after I follow directions, I am not dumb, help.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

jojo wrote:I can do this without a pc just my Droid and astro cuz if so I have problems they are not on list after I follow directions, I am not dumb, help.
You probably didn't copy the skin file in a "skins" folder on your SD card. Read again the instructions in the first post of the topic ;)
Cyril
sunniy
Phone: android

Post by sunniy »

maygem82 wrote:How do I change it to .zip?
vicdamone83
Phone: samsung infuse

Post by vicdamone83 »

I tried to download skins with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari and nothing worked. Cannot figure out how to download skins. Cyril, your answers are short and non-descript. You expect non-tech savvy people to understand your lingo and the majority of us do not understand. The best way to educate us is to release a youtube video of the instructions.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

vicdamone83 wrote:I tried to download skins with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari and nothing worked. Cannot figure out how to download skins. Cyril, your answers are short and non-descript. You expect non-tech savvy people to understand your lingo and the majority of us do not understand. The best way to educate us is to release a youtube video of the instructions.
Can you elaborate about what "nothing works" mean? Do you mean that you cannot download a skin (which one by the way?) or that you don't understand how to install it on your phone?
Cyril