How to install skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
epicxclaw
Phone: 2.3

Re: How to install skins

Post by epicxclaw »

Can you make a video of how 2 do it
:oops:
platinumrims
Phone: HTC Desire 2.1

Post by platinumrims »

Mime used to work. Been using SKP forever. Always worked. Until now. I have a skins folder with all the skins on the forum downloaded and zipped if they weren't. They all always worked. Now, the app doesn't recognize my skins folder. i have it all over my phone to try to figure it out and none of the places are doing the trick. Not the system harddrive, not the sdcard, and not sdcard 2, where as about two weeks ago it all was gravy. ETF?

Edit: and wouldn't ya know. Now it works all of a sudden ;)
JonM

Post by JonM »

I can't get this to work. I have followed the instructions to the letter but the skins don't show up at all. I have them in '/sdcard/skins' as .zip files but nothing shows up. I tried on my external SD card too by creating a 'skins' folder in the root of the card but again, nothing. Please can someone help? I have a Samsung Galaxy W.
babylaparis
Phone: 720-434-6882

Post by babylaparis »

I just downloaded a file manager app from my market on my phone. now how do I save my skin
TheTehk17
Phone: Samsung Moment, Acclaim, and Galaxy S

Post by TheTehk17 »

babylaparis wrote:I just downloaded a file manager app from my market on my phone. now how do I save my skin
Create a directory in your sdcard called skins. Put the skin.zip there and it should show up in Smart Keyboard settings.
Skins
glowkey (multiple colors & two styles): http://bit.ly/mszole
MIUI_black (webOS skin, three different styles): http://bit.ly/kVRwdt

You can also find me on the SDX forums: http://bit.ly/mnwjU3
emeli104

Post by emeli104 »

I followed instructions and dwnloaded a skin it appears as a zip file but I try to open it n my fone n I get an error of " this skin cnt b opened n chomp" also it does not appear n my list of skin options. In fegeneral settings for the smart keyboard. How can I make this skin.zip an option for me?
JonM

Post by JonM »

Can anyone tell me why following the instructions in this post (skins folder in sdcard root and files as .ZIP) won't work whatever I try? Please!
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

That should work.
Make sure its specifically 'skins' lower case and with the s
/sdcard/skins/
definitely not just /skins
make sure its one of the good skin zip files around here.
After you put it in there you should be able to go to general settings->select skins
And then scroll through. The names are sometimes out of order and even different than the zip title name.
hth
JonM

Post by JonM »

OK I've done as you said, and tried all possibilities but this still doesn't work! I really don't get why it's not picking up the skins. I'm trying to install the Cupertino skin and it's called Cupertino.zip and I've placed it at the root of my external SD card so the directory would be \sdcard\skins but nothing shows up! Can the developer please help me?
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

Have you tried other skins? Maybe the zip is corrupt. I attached the Cupertino I have in my skins folder. See if it works.