auto correct alert

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
dan55

Re: auto correct alert

Post by dan55 »

cool.thanks Cyril

cheers
dan
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

This new option "space alert" is now available in the latest beta. Hope it helps.
Cyril
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

Ive been running the space alert this afternoon and really like it.
I have gone back and forth with having haptic or not. I had it on a very short amount until trying this. this is a nice mix because I miss the space a lot. I do wonder what it would be like to have the other keys at say 10% and the space at 50-100% but I'm good for now. Oh and I did try the space preview but I just don't like any of the keys popping up like that so this is much better. thanks for adding a great feature.
dan55

Post by dan55 »

nice one Cyril. thanks :)
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi Cyril,

sorry only just got around to trying this out :( been using swype for a bit - oops!

i like the new space key vibrate - thanks v much for adding that

still think that a similar alert would be cool for a failed word match etc

cheers
dan
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi Cyril.

just back on to SKP after a swype break ;-)
I'm using the t9 mode. and I really think it would be
good to have vibrate alert for when the word prediction
fails to guess a word

cheers
Dan
jmhman
Phone: CDMA Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.02

Post by jmhman »

Maybe make autocorrected words blue or underlined blue in the text field, similar to how words that aren't in the dictionary are underlined red now (love that feature, BTW)? And allow the feature to be toggled off for those who don't like it of course.

I like this idea, Dan-autocorrect is super handy but carries the potential to introduce as many errors as it fixes, and in such a way that you are potentially unaware of the correction. I do agree with Cyril that the idea as originally stated would be hard to implement (due to the problem of how to consistently detect only "failed" autocorrections-if the program had a way of knowing that wasn't the correction you wanted, it already wouldn't be correcting in that way!).

What happened to the haptic feedback on a spacebar-triggered autocorrection, Cyril? I like that idea a lot. Did this feature never make it out of beta, or did I just miss its release? That would definitely be useful! Or, did I misunderstand the thread and was the feature actually implemented as just haptic feedback on every space bar press (less useful, IMO)?
blat
Phone: SG2S ICS

Post by blat »

The standard keyboard on SGS2 on Android ICS works very well - while you are typing it shows the proposed _corrected_ text in the input box, so you can see what you will get after you press space. If you don't want that correction then you click on the first suggestion which is always exactly what you typed.
So there is no need for an audible alert because you already have the visual alert of seeing the "wrong" word forming in the text box.
I would love to see this added to smart keyboard.
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi,

i dont follow - isnt that similar to what skp does now - but sort of in reverse ? :/

i often type quickly without paying too much attention to what it is selecting - so i still think some more alerting would be good imo

cheers
dan