user dictionary for "banned" words

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
samdan87
Phone: desire s froyo

user dictionary for "banned" words

Post by samdan87 »

I frequently mistype the following words:
for: foe, fir
not: nit

Lots of others I can't remember at the moment.

Anyway, could you make it possible to put certain words in a permanent "low priority" setting or a "ban list" that the user can create (like a user-created dictionary for words he does not want to type)? Especially for legitimate English words that we just don't normally use in normal emails and texts.

I don't have access to the English dictionary that Smart Keyboard uses so I can't do it myself.

Also, haptic feedback greatly improves my typing accuracy. So does "vibrate on spacebar". However, obviously, you can't have both. For now, at least.

Would it be possible to allow us to set the spacebar vibration duration separately? That way, we can either make it longer, shorter or have no vibration at all. So there will be a normal keypress vibration setting, and a spacebar vibration setting.

This way, I will be able to feel when I type a spacebar even with haptic feedback on for the rest of the keys.

Quite frankly, spacebar is the key I most frequently mistype because it can't be autocorrected by T9. I always press b, n or v instead.

Great keyboard by the way!!
c00ller
Phone: HTC Hero CDMA

Re: user dictionary for "banned" words

Post by c00ller »

+1 for banned words. WAY too many absurd words taking priority, but the problem is that they are somehow real words :/ here is my list of autotext :
ad -> as
atw -> ate
ay -> at
biy -> bit
bur -> but
di -> do
doe -> for
dis -> did
dud ->
finner -> dinner
fir -> for
foe -> for
hahs -> haha
hoe -> how
hwy -> hey
ie -> is
it'd -> it's
nit -> not
noe -> now
rive -> nice
tey -> try
thar -> that
thatd -> that's
thunk -> think
tine -> time
wad -> was
yip -> yup
schrochem

Re: user dictionary for "banned" words

Post by schrochem »

The best thing to do is to put it in autotext like done above
fir -> for
that way it automatically chooses 'for' when you type 'fir' but its also there in the select bar if you were to actually want to use the word 'fir'
I don't know if it helps but I also use microsoft word's autotext. I converted it over to a csv so I have a huge assortment of corrections. Honestly I'm not sure how often it works but I know I type pretty fast and sloppy and don't have a lot of weird words popping up.
the thread for that is here
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... f=4&t=1292