Custom AutoText

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
sc98007@gmail.com
Phone: Droid 2 Global

Custom AutoText

Post by sc98007@gmail.com »

The sole reason why I decided to install this vs stock keyboard is Custom AutoText. I find it annoying to have to enter my name, email and passwords over and over. Using a password manager is overkill when all I need is a way to enter my password quickly. Alas here are two problems:

(1) Setting Autotext with physical keyboard doesn't work
(2) Autotext will not work for passwords (that is when the field is masked)

I know that you may think it's imprudent to allow autotext on passwords, but first of all most sites that require passwords, often complicated passwords have little or no value to hackers. Secondly, it may even protect from keylogging malware by having a part of password as an autotext. For example for this forum you'd want to autocomplete passwordroot under let's say qqp (qq never forms a word and p is for passwordroot) and to log with passwordroots (s for Smart Keyboard) you type qqps.

Of course for passwordroot you want to put some hard and long mneumanic like "Try to figure out this password you money hungry hackers!" becomes T2fotpy$hh!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
nCubed
Phone: G2X (LG-P999)

Re: Custom AutoText

Post by nCubed »

sc98007@gmail.com wrote:The sole reason why I decided to install this vs stock keyboard is Custom AutoText. I find it annoying to have to enter my name, email and passwords over and over. Using a password manager is overkill when all I need is a way to enter my password quickly. Alas here are two problems:

(1) Setting Autotext with physical keyboard doesn't work
(2) Autotext will not work for passwords (that is when the field is masked)
I'm using the trial version of the Smart Keyboard primarily for the same reason as @sc98007, re: Custom AutoText for managing of user names and passwords. The inability for Custom AutoText to work with masked password fields is disappointing.

Any chance future updates will include the ability to use Custom AutoText for masked password fields?

Thanks!
nCubed
Phone: G2X (LG-P999)

Re: Custom AutoText

Post by nCubed »

*bump*

Any chance this will be added to future versions? re: custom auto text working for masked / password fields.