reverting to defaults after phone reboot

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
geoslake

reverting to defaults after phone reboot

Post by geoslake »

hi

Just bought smart kb pro a week ago, and while its great, it reverts to its default settings each time i switch my phone off/on.
Its of course unusable.

Im using latest 3.13 on Galaxy S froyo 2.2.1
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: reverting to defaults after phone reboot

Post by cyril »

Hi
the problem comes from your phone, not from the keyboard. Have you installed it on the SD card? So far only the people who did that (at their own risk, as keyboards are NOT supposed to be installed on the SD card) had this problem.
Cyril
geoslake

Post by geoslake »

I didnt even know i could change install destination :)
At least I didnt do anything during install, bought it from market, installed it, period.
Here is a snap of my phone storage.

Thanks
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Well, you should not be able to change the location unless you rooted your phone, so I guess that's not what you did.
But my question was: is the problem that you revert to the stock keyboard after reboot, or that Smart Keyboard settings are lost?
If your settings are lost, that's definitely a phone issue, as Smart Keyboard only uses the standard Android API to save the settings, so I don't see why and how it could not work.
Cyril
geoslake

Post by geoslake »

hi

Its both reverting to default android keyboard AND resetting skp settings (when i select it back, it's back to qwerty etc (im french and use azerty).

Its not rooted indeed (i can see the "move to sd" option but its greyed out).

ps1 please note that skp crashes if i try to backup/restore its settings (crashing when tryin to restore, reproducible each time)
ps2 is there a way to totally uninstall an app, clean the system from all possible traces, and reinstall from scratch, like in windows ?
geoslake

Post by geoslake »

Ok I did a (phone) factory reset, reinstalled from the market, and it seems to be working now.
Still would like to know what went wrong, considering i had a clean os, very few apps installed etc

Cheers