landskape in archos 70 broken

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
kamerunka

landskape in archos 70 broken

Post by kamerunka »

Hello, l was using skb pro for several months w/o prolems,
but after the last update, there is a problem with landskape on my archos 70
this device does not have any hardware keys and small portion on the right side is used to display back/menu/home/search keys. That's why the skreen width is slightly smaller than 800
Till last version it was ok, but after the last update skb pro stretchs all over the screen, not considering the button bar and because of that the rightmost buttons are overlapped by the bar
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: landskape in archos 70 broken

Post by cyril »

Hello
Does it work with this beta version?
Cyril
kamerunka

Post by kamerunka »

no, it has the same problem, in landscape the rightmost buttons of the keyboard are half covered by the "system keys ribon"
kamerunka

Post by kamerunka »

btw, I had the similar problem with coolreader before, amd it's author said that it something like a property of the package, don't know if this wil help.
meanwhile, can you provide an older version please?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I see what this property could be, but I'm not sure changing it will solve anything... I just updated the beta version, can you try again?
Cyril
kamerunka

Post by kamerunka »

the problem is still there with 3.17 beta
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

OK... I'm currently digging into some Archos ROM to understand how these soft buttons have to be handled. Will post another beta once I get something.
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Not sure if it's the best way to implement a fix, but I hope this new beta will make it
Cyril
kamerunka

Post by kamerunka »

it is better now, although it is shrinked 20-30% more than needed, there is about 2mm transparent space between the keyboard and the softbuttons ribon.
btw, it was fine before the last update trough android market, so it seems that the problem was caused from some recent change.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I know which changed caused the problem, but it's not easy to fix as Archos did some intrusive changes in Android to implement this button bar.
I will look further at this problem, meanwhile you can get the old version here.

[EDIT] Can you also check the new beta? I changed something else which may help to get correct resizing.
Cyril