Popup color

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Ambious
Phone: HTC HD2 with Gingerbread

Popup color

Post by Ambious »

The color of the letter on the popup when typing is light gray over white, so I can't see the actual letter.
Is there any setting that changes that, or is this a bug?
Using Android 4.0.1 on HTC HD2.
c00ller
Phone: HTC Hero CDMA

Re: Popup color

Post by c00ller »

The popup is currently the only keyboard element that cannot be skinned. Hopefully Cyril will be able to complete the theme-ability of this great keyboard!
riff
Phone: Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0

Post by riff »

This is driving me nuts too. I don't remember this being an issue on my Android Honeycomb phone. This is bugging me so much I can't believe I never noticed it before. I upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus yesterday and noticed this right away. Is there any progress on this bug? If we can't change the background color can we change the text color?
gwassef

Post by gwassef »

me tooo, it is confusing, hopefully we will get a fix soon for ICS
jmhman
Phone: CDMA Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.02

Post by jmhman »

I believe this is an ICS issue only. I am on a CDMA (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2, and I *think* I only started seeing this issue after the update to SKbP 4.6.0 ("Merry Christmas") on Monday. I had only had the phone a day and a half then, so it is possible that I just hadn't noticed it before that. However, I don't believe the problem was occurring until I updated to the latest version. I'm not sure what version I was on before that, however--whichever one downloaded automatically when I logged into the Market with my Google account on Saturday, Dec. 17.

Agreed, though, it's really frustrating to not be able to tell what the popups are showing and what key you hit because of the light gray text on white background. The long-press punctuation popup/confirmations do display correctly, though. Please fix--I love my Smart Keyboard Pro!
Alcap
Phone: Nexus S

Post by Alcap »

I too have this issue on my nexus S with stock ICS.
The issue is very old, and I would appreciate if the devs could take a look at it. Also, the performance of the keyboard on ICS seems to be worse than on GB...
macroo
Phone: Nexus S

Post by macroo »

Yeah, I am having this issue too. As a long-time user of smartkeyboard pro I noticed it started happening after I flashed ICS. (just registered to post this...)
jhkey
Phone: Galaxy Nexus CMDA ICS

Post by jhkey »

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Going to have to use the stock keyboard until this is fixed. Galaxy Nexus CDMA (Verizon) ICS, running Android Revolution
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

This problem will be fixed in next update.
Cyril
leefa
Phone: Acer Iconia A100

Post by leefa »

when is the next release - this is horrible!