Bug with Chinese input suggestions

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
moil
Phone: gs2 2.3

Bug with Chinese input suggestions

Post by moil »

This has been mentioned on this forum before, but I'm not sure it's obvious to non-native speakers or Chinese students that this small problem is enough to make us use a different keyboard.

Every IME I've used allows users to type only the first letters of syllables to type quickly. Example: if you want to type "zen me yang (怎么样)" (a very common word in Chinese), you can just type "zmy" and the IME will assume that you're trying to write 怎么样 and will show it as the first suggestion.

However, ssince it's possible that you want to write another word with the same first letters, like "zen me yong 怎么用," IMEs will also show the suggestions for the first two syllables, and then allow you to pick the last one separately. So if you type ZMY, you'd also see the suggestion to just enter 怎么, and then you can pick from a new set of suggestions to enter the last character that starts with Y. So once you pick the first two letters, you'd see something like this in your text input: 怎么y, and then you can pick the last character for Y.

Smart Keyboard's IME does show all of the suggestions, but if you type ZMY and then select a word for Z or ZM, the Y goes away and you have to retype it. No other IME functions like this and it makes typing in Chinese much, much slower and frustrating than it is on other ones (GO Keyboard is a good example).

Anyway, this was brought up a while ago but it looks like the problem is still there. This is the best keyboard I've used and I would absolutely use it and recommend it to all my Chinese speaking friends if this problem is fixed. Until then, I have to use something else. :(

http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... ?f=3&t=548

Please fix this soon!