Long Press Preview Pop-up sticks

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
davluth
Phone: Motorola Droid, 2.1 stock

Long Press Preview Pop-up sticks

Post by davluth »

I've had a problem with the Long Press Key Preview Pop-up since it was implemented earlier this year. I have Moto-Droid 2.1 and if i press & hold for the minimum amount of time required to activate the alternate character, which I always try to do for speed & efficiency, the blue
pop-up will get stuck on screen and that character will not be entered into the text box. A tap anywhere on screen will apply that previewed character. If I switch applications while that preview is stuck onscreen, the blue preview will sometimes stay on screen above any other application, without the keyboard being displayed.

I'd prefer not having the alternate character previews as they don't help me and it seems to slow typing speed. It would suit me to have an option to just disable showing the blue alt char pop-ups.

Thank you, love this app!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Long Press Preview Pop-up sticks

Post by cyril »

Not sure why you have this problem... anyway try to disable the option "Slide popup keyboard" in the advanced settings, it may help
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

cyril wrote:Not sure why you have this problem... anyway try to disable the option "Slide popup keyboard" in the advanced settings, it may help
By the way can you try the beta version http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... 0-beta.apk without changing the "slide popup keyboard" option? I fixed something which may explain your problem
Cyril
davluth

Post by davluth »

Hi cyril. "Slide Popup Keyboard" was not enabled so that's not it. I installed the beta and there was no change.

The problem occurs for me several times a day and is easily repeatable within 5 trys. Correction: I said when it's stuck a tap anywhere onscreen would apply that character ... meant a tap anywhere on the on-screen keyboard.
davluth

Post by davluth »

Update FYI; I received the OTA Android 2.2 update and the sticking problem remains.

Unfortunately this problem has become annoying enough for me to look at other keyboard replacements. :(
davluth

Post by davluth »

Help please cyril.....Smart Keyboard Pro is the only keyboard I want to use.

Would there be any chance of having a check-box option added called "show alt label preview pop-up".....please?

Thanks, David
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I can add this, but I wonder why you would be the only one to have this issue...
Cyril
davluth

Post by davluth »

Is there anything I can do to help, such as video of problem as it occurs...anything else? It's not imagined...honest :)
davluth

Post by davluth »

Maybe I have above average sense of timing and I am finding this apparent condition that exists between "less than", and "greater than or equal to" Long Press Duration?? There may be some others who experience this but don't take time to seek out this forum, create an account, and articulate their issue.

If it might help, here's more info:
  • It occurs in all apps using the keyboard.
    It began right after that feature was added.
    Things behave normally if "Show preview popup" is disabled, but I prefer having the primary pop-ups.
    I don't think I have any weird apps running that might interfere with kb.
    Moto Droid has always been a bit laggy so strange things can happen when it's "busy", but those things are intermittent. This problem occurs very consistently under all conditions.
I'll try to find others with a Droid1 and ask to install your app & test. I could try a VZW display phone, but not sure if this model is still being sold.

Thanks for considering option add.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

OK I will add it anwyay...
Cyril