Chinese Pinyin bug

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
cow_like_object

Chinese Pinyin bug

Post by cow_like_object »

I dont know if this is actually a bug but lets say for example...this is a bad example but:
if i type nihaoma..then the first suggestions it gives is the 3 word phrase which is correct. However if all i want is the 'nihao' part of 'nihaoma' to be converted and the 'ma' part to be a different 'ma' then when i select the 2 word phrase 'nihao' from the suggestions, it gets rid of the ma part completely and i have to retype it.

also, if you could add pinyin with traditional characters that would be great
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Chinese Pinyin bug

Post by cyril »

Well this is not really a bug, if you pick a word manually, it will replace all your input... Let's say it's a missing feature ;) (did you see other keyboards working like this?)

Pinyin and traditional will be added later, hopefully
Cyril
cow_like_object

yeah, google pinyin does it..haha ok yes missing a feature. thanks for the quick reply. its a very important feature needed to type fast though.
lyfbnc
Phone: Samsung galaxy tab froyo

Post by lyfbnc »

Just registered to say this is the reason I have to return this app and get a refund. Everything else was so perfect with smart keyboard. Unfortunately this is the one feature I cannot live without. Hope it will be coming soon.
cow_like_object

any updates on this?