Lag!!! And a lot on my Dell steak.

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Zkyevolved
Phone: Dell streak

Post by Zkyevolved »

Hello. I'd like to report an issue that I have with my Dell streak. It's new (3 days old) and works well but the default android keyboard on android 2.2 is really small so I got your app.

Your app normally works well but when I get some momentum typing it often skips letters. It doesn't read them. This isn't an issue with my other keyboards. What do you think it could be? I hear the audible noise , knowing it clicked but it completely skips the letters. :(. I even reset the device.

Well, I'm here :) let me know. :)

Kent.

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Lag!!! And a lot on my Dell steak.

Post by cyril »

Strange, this is supposed to be a powerful device... Can you try the new beta version and tell me if it's better? (And do you use the "smart dictionary" option?)
Cyril
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

I'll give it a try today and report back. :)

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

Well I did the beta and it seems to have fixed it for the time being. But to be honest I did a complete reinstall of the keyboard. And I didn't restore from my backup. So I'm starting anew. Ill keep you posted if it happens again. Thank for the support :-)

Kent.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

I'd like to confirm that I'm still having good luck. But ill let you know. Its only been 24 hours. Hehe

Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

I spoke too soon. It still happens. Any ideas? It happens less frequently that's for sure but while typing quickly I can see thar it happens more. But its for sure a lot better than before.

Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

Still having the issue. I tried it more and paid attention to it and I can see for example the "a" show up (as in pop up) and then it just doesn't write it on the screen. Any ideas??? Because it sees that I'm writing it but it doesn't register sometimes. While doing this I wrote "sometimes" and it wrote "mtimes" while I know I hit the other letters.

Thanks. (Just happened again 2 times writing thanks and again)

cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

So it may not be a lag but an issue with detection of touch events. But what is strange is that according to you, the situation improved when you reinstalled the app... can you tell me if you use the smart dictionary option? (and try to disable it if it's the case)
Cyril
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

It's not on. it did help for the first day and then after it kind of got worse. Any ideas on what it could be??? The only thing I do is add custom words.

cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

And do you add a lot of words? What happens if you clean your user dictionary? (there is a quick option in the advanced settings to do that)
Cyril