Arabic letters in T9 portrait mode are reversed

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
supersonictt
Phone: 962775200701

Arabic letters in T9 portrait mode are reversed

Post by supersonictt »

Hello,

I'm currently trying Smart Keyboard and I choose the portrait mode to be T9 with 2 languages: Arabic and English.
The English letters are properly arranged, I mean A then B the C etc from left to right on the same button.
The Arabic letters are reversed, I mean on the same button, let's say that the first arabic letter is A and second is B, third is C, the letters are arranged CBA on the same button, but when i press this button, it displays the first letter which is correct... In other words, the arabic letters in T9 are reversed on the same button... Any fix for that?

Thanks.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Arabic letters in T9 portrait mode are reversed

Post by cyril »

Hello
you mean the letters are displayed from left to right instead of right to left? If so, it's a bug in your version of Android; if you use for instance CyanogenMod 6 with a proper implementation of Arabic, the letters are displayed correctly.
Cyril
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks for you reply...

Well, I use a custom ROM but this ROM supports arabic fully as if it is the original LG firmware.

Here are two images, the first one is taken from the original arabic LG keyboard which the letters are displayed correctly, and the second one is from Smart Keyboard which are reversed.

Original (LG keyboard):

Smart Keyboard:

Take the button that contains number 6 for example and see how the letters are ordered in the opposite way. And as I said before, if I press number 6 in the LG keyboard it enters the first letter from the right (the letter that has the dot inside), and if I press number 6 in Smart Keyboard it also enters the letter that has the dot inside rather than the one with the dot on the top (which means it enters the letters correctly). So the only problem is that the letters are ordered in the opposite way on the buttons.

I will try to try Smart Keyboard on the original LG firmware (which supports arabic fully) and see if it is a bug in the custom ROM I'm using.
If there is a current solution for this please let me know.

Thanks.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

This is how it looks like on CyanogenMod, so clearly the way letters are displayed depends on the ROM.
I can think of a workaround using unicode zero-with spaces, but I'm not even sure it would work
Attachments
device.png
device.png (69.99 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Cyril
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks for the reply again...

By the way what mobile do you use?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I use a Nexus One (with CM7 ROM)
Cyril
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Yeah, i have LG optimus one so CM doesn't support LG!!