Calibration for Smart Keyboard Pro

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
imekul
Phone: Sprint HTC Hero

Calibration for Smart Keyboard Pro

Post by imekul »

The default HTC Hero keyboard has a calibration tool that seems to help accuracy quite a bit. I was just wondering if such a tool would help Smart Keyboard Pro.

Anyone think that's possible/necessary? I can't say I have big issues with accuracy, but if there were a way to calibrate it, I would imagine the accuracy would improve.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Calibration for Smart Keyboard Pro

Post by cyril »

Hi
indeed it has already been suggested, and it's somewhere in the TODO list (not with a very high priority though)
Cyril
yvon
Phone: HTC Hero

Post by yvon »

+1 for this, however do it better than HTC : HTC (Hero) calibration works only for letters, not for numbers. So it improve the letter recognition, but then decrease the number recognition thereafter, as you have to click on a key differently if you're in letter or number mode !!
lostar
Phone: HTC Desire

Post by lostar »

+1 :)
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Calibration is at last (partially) implemented! You can try the first version in the latest beta version! (go to "General Settings", "Calibration")

At the moment, there is no distinction between letter and number symbols, this will come later, however there are different calibration settings if you do it in portrait or landscape mode. Only "y" shift is used at the moment (ie vertical correction on letters); "x" is the horizontal correction, and "s" the vertical correction for the space key (they are not used yet but they will be soon)

By the way I would be very interested in knowing the "calibration profile" you see when you run the tool, it will help me improving it

Waiting for your feedbacks!
Cyril
Zarch
Phone: HTC Desire 2.2

Post by Zarch »

Cyril, I ran the test 6 times and saved after each run (should I do this or does one test affect the subsequent tests?)

Also, do you have to reset the test? Or is running it again akin to a reset?

-2 -1 0
-3 -5 -3
-2 -3 4
0 -4 3
0 -5 2
-2 -3 0

Hope this helps?

(Running on HTC desire)
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

All tests are independent, so the values are reset each time you restart one (maybe I should change this?). If the previous values are kept, I will need to add a "reset to factory defaults" button
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

cyril wrote:All tests are independent, so the values are reset each time you restart one (maybe I should change this?). If the previous values are kept, I will need to add a "reset to factory defaults" button
So I just updated the beta; now the previous values are taken into account when you run a new calibration, unless you click on "Reset" button.
Cyril
Zarch
Phone: HTC Desire 2.2

Post by Zarch »

A few more portrait runs for you Cyril.

Code: Select all

-4 -2 -7
-3 -2 -6
-3 -2 -5
-2 -3 -5
-2 -3 -6
-1 -3 -6
 0 -2 -7
 0 -2 -7
 0 -2 -6
 0 -2 -7
 0 -2 -8
 0 -2 -8
 0 -3 -6
 0 -3 -4
 0 -2 -5
 0 -2 -7
I hit "reset" in the middle of a test and it FC on me. Opened up calibration again, hit reset and FC again.

Also, there is no haptic feedback during the calibration run.

Hope numbers are of some use to you??
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Can you reproduce the crash with "reset"? (I can't). If yes, can you install "Log Collector" and send me your logs after a crash?
That's right there is no haptic feedback I will add it
And yes the numbers are useful ;)
Cyril