Custom autotext issue

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
stevent

Custom autotext issue

Post by stevent »

I just purchased smart keyboard pro primarily for the custom autotext feature.
However, I'm experiencing difficulty getting it to work.
It appears that any cutom autotext I enter must utilize a trigger word that does not cause the predictive text to suggest a word.

For example:
I enter a multi-line email signature with a trigger word of "sig". This does not work because typing "sig" just causes the keyboard application to propose various individual words such as "sign". The actual email signature associated with that trigger word does not appear.

Changing the above trigger word to include a space after it ("sig ") does not change the above behavior. I was hoping the space after it would remove all the proposed words such as "sign", but no such luck.

I get the same results if I modify the trigger word to ".sig" (period before it - this is what I normally do for the text expander program I use for my PC). Again, the program just begins suggesting words such as "sign" or signature", but not the actual email signature that I associated with that trigger word.

However, if I change the trigger word to something completely random, such as "zxc", which eliminates the possibility of any typical words being proposed by the program, then my actual email signature does appear and can be selected/entered in to the text box.

Is there any fix for this? I prefer to use short or abbreviated but common sense words to trigger a custom text substitution (such as "sig" or ".sig" to trigger my email signature), otherwise it becomes very difficult to remember all of the trigger words for the various substitutions.

Thanks,
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Custom autotext issue

Post by cyril »

Hello
strange, I don't have issues with "sig" shortcut (with the "smart dictionary" on or off)
I suggest you to backup your keyboard settings and send me a mail with your /sdcard/smartkeyboardpro/backup.zip file so that I can investigate, because that's not normal
Cyril