getting, voice input, doman key, and Smiley on same creen???

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
hxadecmel
Phone: Galaxy S i500 Eclair

getting, voice input, doman key, and Smiley on same creen???

Post by hxadecmel »

Hello all, first i Must say that i loved my confirmation calculation (44 minus 2) I had to resist the urge...

Anyways i have been using trial for a while and i am ready to buy Pro, there's just one small thing that is driving me crazy. I do apologize if this is a stupid question, but i have played wit the settings extensively, read the FAQ, Users manual, and browsed any thread i thought might be relevant on the forum. Here goes:

The main reason i downloaded this is because i wanted to be able to use the full keyb'd in landscape mode, and have a 4x3 + T9 type in portrait. (Why this is not available in android or Touchwiz keyboard is beyond me) Someone from howardforums directed me here. All i want is to simply be able to use the voice input (most important), the Smiley (2nd most). and have the .com show up in all modes (This is because i work in IT and i frequently have to send url's through email/messaging. I want to be able to see all three without having to use a gesture or the 123 key int he lower left. Can this be done?

Note: In 4x3 mode, there is a right facing arrow next to the space bar, i do not ever use it, and will sacrifice it if possible.

Thanks!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: getting, voice input, doman key, and Smiley on same cree

Post by cyril »

Hello
unfortunately you have to choose ;) The .com key replaces the comma / voice input key, so you cannot have both. However a hack can be to add ".com" in the smiley key (thanks to the smiley editor), if you don't mind the auto space when you use this key
Cyril
hxadecmel

Post by hxadecmel »

I suppose i could do that, then just use a custom autotext to do smiley's. I can't believe that didn't dawn on me, i used to do that with my RAZR :) I will give this a try, not sure if the extra space will be an issue or not. If it's works well I will be happy to buy pro. Thank you.
hxadecmel

Post by hxadecmel »

Or i could just use an autotext to do the .com right? (and maybe throw in a www while I'm at it?)